Like most people are to politics I am to professional sports. I only pay attention during the playoffs, and I try not to miss The Day, but if I do, no big deal. This year I hosted my first ever Super Bowl party, thanks to the fine folks at Samsung who made such things a pleasure.
What a game. It has to be one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever. I just wanted to say that I know a thing or two about football and now a few more listening to Boy.
1. Doggett. Who knew that people pierced necks? When he got in at Ben R. in the 4th, I thought it was over and the Steelers would not be able to regain the lead, but the Steelers line just stopped him dead. I saw him twice as Ben connected on the final drive, 7 yards out of the play.
2. Safety. Holy smokes what's a safety? I haven't seen a safety in so long that I don't even say it out loud when it looks inevitable.
3. The fieldgoal over. I thought my DVR was broke when some penalty or other called back a field goal and then several downs later there was a field goal.
4. Penalties. Homeboy from the Steelers who put his knee in dude's back and held him on the ground? That was brutal. Was that Harrison? There were probably 3 facemask violations. For all the penalties in this game, they kept it moving. Big up to the officials. They got it right every time. Superb officiating in a close contest.
5. I'm sure I feel about Clarence Clemmons the way some people feel about Michael Steele. I think The Boss needs to get over to Bally's because he's still got nothing on Mick Jagger.
6. Jennifer Hudson just owned the National Anthem. Sorry Whitney, it ain't yours any more. Where can I get the MP3?
7. Best answer to a stoopid question, by head coach Mike Tomlin. Well, basically everything he said because every question was stoopid. Very nicely low key. Righteous.