I'm really upset about the use of happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas.
This time of year is about Christmas which is celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
If you are upset about people saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, I trust:
- that you are upset that the commercialization of Christmas has led to some stores advertising Christmas before Thanksgiving.
- that you are upset about the fights and mayhem that happens on "Black Friday", the day after Thanksgiving.
- that you are upset that many stores need the consumerism of Christmas to stay in business.
- that you are upset of the near deity status of Santa Claus.
- that a mall Santa, coming late from lunch break, can cause a near riot. (I would not have believed it would be possible).
- that you are saddened by the rise in suicide attempts and successes this time of year.
- that you are saddened by the level of stress that results from people running around trying to buy gifts.
- that you are saddened by the debt that families find themselves in after Christmas?
That cyber pimp smack was for you to knock some damn sense into your head!!!!
Where are your priorities?
So what if store management tells its employees to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"?
What is Christmas really about anyway?